We provide a wide spectrum of training opportunities for undergraduate students, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in the following areas: Multiscale Biofabrication, Stem Cell and Tissue Engineering, and Cell Mechanobiology.
Research Technologist Job Req ID: 73459 apply here
The Laboratory of Dr. Deok-Ho Kim in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine is seeking a highly motivated Research Technologist to help support research in human induced pluripotent stem cells pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation for disease modeling, drug efficacy/safety screening, regenerative medicine, space biology studies.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Kim Lab wishes to recruit a qualified individual to support our group’s research.
- The Research Technologist will become proficient in novel and modern methods of human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) culture and differentiation and have access to state-of-the-art resources and equipment, and contribute to high-impact research at the interface of engineering and medicine.
- The candidate will work under the supervision of senior laboratory personnel, the principal investigator, and the lab manager.
- The candidate should have a solid foundation in basic laboratory techniques and the underlying science. Significant contributions which lead to authorship on publications and oral/poster presentation of novel data will be highly encouraged.
- Under initial supervision and training of the faculty investigator and senior lab members, the research technologist follows established procedures or protocols and utilizes aseptic technique to perform experiments which will include: human pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation and experiments for cardiac tissue engineering.
- Performing related general duties such as ordering supplies, general lab housekeeping, and maintaining safety records.
- Operating and maintenance of lab equipment and supplies.
- Documenting and reporting all experimental results.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting equipment, routine repairs, or notifying service personnel when more complex problems occur.
- Other duties as assigned.